Nightmare

Today, June 30, in the morning, around 7:30 AM, I woke up screaming. This has become normal for me as I frequently get nightmares and wake up screaming.

However, today was different. Usually, a ghostly creature chases me in my dreams, causing me to scream both in my dream and in real life until someone wakes me up.

I remember waking up around 5 AM, then going back to sleep, thinking it was too early and I would have incomplete sleep because I had stayed up late last night (India won the T20 World Cup; I wanted South Africa to win, but it's fine). I then started dreaming again in the morning.

Dream:

It wasn't a place I knew. There was a pretty big gate, but it was closed. I don't remember how I got in, and I didn't see any other people entering. I was just looking around to see where I was when I saw a brother from my village carrying a bag. The only thing I remember him saying is that the place was only for true lovers. Then I saw hills (not huge or tall) and a small, grassy path leading to the hills. Suddenly, I was able to fly and look around the place as if I were using Google Maps' street view mode. I saw some creatures—not completely human, but like monkeys dressed up—and also some normal humans. I realized I was invisible to them. I also remember seeing a huge peepal tree and some traditional village homes. The place was completely silent. All of a sudden, I realized I was in a dream, so I decided to die in the dream to wake up. I went to a cliff and fell off, which caused me to wake up in another dream.

Dream after the first dream:

I woke up in another dream, not in my bed but at my aunt's home in Koteshwor. I saw something (I don't remember what it was) and put it in a huge bag, thinking I would give it to my friend Krish later. One of my cousins was also in the room. I wanted to get out, but the door was locked. Someone in the room below started cutting the floor of the room I was in with a chainsaw. Suddenly, I was on the road. I wanted to call Krish to meet in Baneshwor to give him that thing but didn't make the call and started walking while looking at the map on my phone. On the footpath, a guy asked if I wanted to buy headphones. I replied no, and he started walking with me. I stumbled once, and the guy started walking ahead of me. I followed the map but found myself in a village again. I asked the guy ahead where the path led, and he replied, "Mahadevshtan." I looked ahead and saw a temple made of stone. Then I got frightened, started to scream, and ran.

I was actually screaming in real life, and my mother woke me up. As soon as I woke up, I shared the dream with my mother and texted Krish about it. And I googled Mahadevsthan, and it is actually a temple in Koteshowr. I don't remember hearing about this temple ever before. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oddities of My Life #2: "The Night I was Possessed"

The Oddities of My Life #1: "Another Boy with the Same Name"