The Oddities of My Life #1: "Another Boy with the Same Name"

Hi! You look beautiful today :)

"The Oddities of My Life" is a blog series where I share strange moments that I've experienced. This is the first episode.

This incident happened back in 2018 when I was in grade 7. During those days, my classmates and I were very much into football (it was a World Cup year). We used to play during our weekends. On one of those weekends, we decided to play football at our regular spot. There was a grassy field near my friend Yugal's house, about 14m x 7m. It was a great spot to play football – the area was sufficient, there weren't many houses around, and it was covered with short grass.

Five or six of my friends came to my home to get me, and then we walked to the place and called Yugal from there. We hadn't started the match yet; we were just passing the ball to each other. At one point, when I had the ball, my friend Sulav asked me for the pass by calling my name, "Rahul," very loudly. We were about 5 meters apart, and near us, there was a woman (around 40 years old) cutting the grass.

As she heard Sulav shouting "Rahul! Rahul!" she asked him, "Which Rahul are you calling?" Sulav replied, "Rahul Dhungana." Wait, but I am Rahul Bhujel! Yet Sulav said my name was Rahul Dhungana for no reason. But she replied, "Oh! I thought our Rahul Bhujel was here."

I was so freaked out, just surprised looking at her. I had never seen that woman in my life. She did look at me but didn't show any sign that she recognized or knew me. Sulav, too, looked at me, and I could see he was shocked as well. We got busy playing later on, but to this day, that incident feels so strange. It was probably just a coincidence, but what are the odds of it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oddities of My Life #2: "The Night I was Possessed"

Nightmare